Henpicked is women sharing their wisdom: useful tips, sound advice, recommendations and stories. In one place, on your computer, tablet or phone.
We’d love you to write an article about something you are passionate about for us to publish online to share with the Henpicked community and through social media.
We’re one of the UK’s largest, fastest-growing websites for women over 40. We’re here to give women a place to have their say, sparking discussion, promoting healthy debate and, we hope, bringing about positive change. On our website and our social media you’ll find inspirational life stories, tips and advice for happiness, health and wealth.
We believe that all the strong, kind, funny and wise women out there should be celebrated, and Henpicked is here to help us help each other… making our lives better, happier and more fulfilled.
Here’s what we do:
- When you send us your article, it’s reviewed by our editor.
- We may suggest changes and then pop it into a webpage layout and illustrate it.
- We send it to you for review. We never publish without your approval.
- We’ll send you a link to your published article when it’s live.
- Share it through our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) for others to read. And please join in sharing your article.
Before you send us your article, please check that it’s:
- Original and not already published elsewhere (google downgrades both websites if it’s a duplicate).
- Between 750-1250 words ideally so it’s easy to read online.
- Does not contain commercial links, these are classed as advertorials and we’d need to agree them before we start spending time on the article.
- If you have any photos you’d like us to use, please send those too and confirm you have the rights to use them. We buy high quality photos from media libraries to add to your article to help make your article look good.
- Read it out loud to check that it’s in every day language.
And if it’s the first time you’ve written an article for Henpicked, please send us a photo of you and a short biog. We are happy for you to include a link to your business if you are a business owner for FREE.
Please email your article to [email protected].
Once the article is edited, illustrated and live on the Henpicked website, it is subject to Henpicked’s copyright. Sorry, but we have had articles we’ve spent time on appear on other websites and that causes problems with google. That’s not good for anyone.
We do run advertorials and get in touch if you’d like to include commercial links in the body of the article. You can include appropriate links in your biog for free.
Get in touch if you have any questions or you’d like more help. And please do join in, we love to share the wisdom of women.
Best wishes, the Henpicked team